At the Botanical Bookshop we aim to provide a great range of products with excellent service. While it is rare that there are problems with customer satisfaction related to product quality, we appreciate that on occasion things go astray. If you are ever unsatisfied with an item that you have purchased please contact us immediately and we will remedy the problem as soon as possible.
Website - Conditions of Use
- This website is owned and operated within Australia by The Botanical Bookshop Pty Ltd (ABN 85 081 345191).
- Access to and use of this website and the products available on this website are subject to the following conditions. By using the website, you are agreeing to all of the conditions which may be updated, suspended or terminated by us without notice, at our discretion. You should check this page regularly to take notice of any changes we may have made to the conditions.
- By placing an order on our website you are offering to purchase items from us on and subject to the conditions contained herein. We may accept or reject this offer at our discretion at any point up until the order is dispatched.
Pricing & Product Availability
- All transactions on this site are in Australian dollars (AUD).
Prices are subject to change without notice.
- All prices include GST except for gift vouchers.
- All prices exclude delivery costs which are added during the checkout process.
- Sale items are only available at the lower price whilst stocks last and/or during the designated sale period.
- We take all reasonable care to ensure that all details and prices of products on our website are correct, however, we reserve the right to correct any publishing errors on the website and cancel orders made at an incorrect price.
An item available for purchase on our website does not always mean it is available in stock.
While we try to keep all items in stock, there are times when we will be out of stock, and even times when we can no longer purchase the item on display.
If an item that you purchase is out of stock we will inform you as soon as possible:
- that the item is out of stock
- when we expect the item to arrive back in stock
- You will have the choice to:
- wait until the item is in stock and we will send the order
- request that the order be sent in two parts (additional postage may be charged)
- accept a substitute for that item
- accept the order without the out-of-stock item
- we will refund the cost of the item
- cancel the order completely and we will refund your purchase in full
Once we have received your order, you will receive a confirmation email confirming receipt of your order. This is not a guarantee of availability.
- The Botanical Bookshop can gift wrap items for you. We reserve the right to charge you for the service, but will endeavour to do so free of charge if feasible.
Changing your order
- We will do our best to accommodate you should you wish to make a change to your order including substitution or addition of products, upgrading to Express Post, changing the delivery address or cancelling your order. This is possible only up until your order has been prepared for packaging.
- Please phone 02 6257 3302 or email email@example.com with the details of the change required.
- Please note that these changes may not be reflected in future email correspondence regarding your order.
- Please take care to ensure accuracy when entering the delivery address for your order, especially where orders are addressed to a gift recipient. We are unable to redirect parcels once we have prepared them for postage.
- Orders that are returned to us because of insufficient or inaccurate addressing will incur an additional charge to be re-sent.
Additional Delivery Charges
- On rare occasions, we reserve the right to adjust delivery costs for large orders or bulky items. You will be contacted and asked to accept these charges before your order is dispatched. You may cancel your order at any time prior to dispatch if you do not agree with the additional charges.
- Additional delivery charges may apply where a parcel has been returned unclaimed, refused or insufficiently addressed and is re-sent at your request.
Order Processing and Postage
- Orders are filled from stock on hand in our store and packaged by our staff.
- The process from receipt of an order to the package being sent generally takes less than two business days. If there are to be major delays for any unforeseen circumstances we will contact you via email or phone to confirm whether you wish to proceed with your order.
- If you cancel an order we will organise a refund to you as soon as reasonably possible.
Postage within Australia
- When posting items within Australia we charge a fixed rate of $10.00 per order.
- Orders are sent through Australia Post which has tracking available on all Parcel Post.
- Parcels are generally received in capital cities within 2-5 working days from the time of posting.
- Delivery for rural areas may be somewhat longer than this.
- International orders are sent through Australia Post, using Pack and Track International, or where this service is not available, Registered Post International.
- Registered Post International does not have tracking but does require a signature on delivery, thereby offering a degree of security.
- Our charges reflect the actual cost of posting the order through Australia Post. We do not charge a fee for packing the order.
- International delivery times can be found on the Australia Post website. Delivery times are a guide only and delays can occur – not least because of Customs officials in the receiving country.
- International orders over 2kg or to a country not on our usual mailing list will need a special quote. Please contact us and we will confirm the best method and cost for the service.
- Please note that we may not provide refund or replacement when sending overseas. We use Australia Post as our carrier and utilise their services to track and find lost or missing articles. This is usually very reliable to the countries that offer Pack and Track International (those on our website that calculate postage) but it can take some time. Goods sent to countries not automatically calculated on our website must have their own insurance and refunds will be dependent on that postal insurance.
- We are happy to offer a complete money back guarantee on any item purchased from our website. You can refund or exchange without reason.
- If the return is for a faulty item, we will refund the payment in full including postage both ways, or provide a suitable exchange – whichever you choose.
- If the return is for a change of mind or incorrect purchase (wrong size or colour for example), we will not refund the cost of postage in either direction. We may offer to exchange the item at no further postage cost to you. This means that if you choose an incorrect size and you would like your money back, then on receipt of the item returned to us, we will refund the cost of that item to you. You will have to return the item to us, and you will not receive the original postage cost in the refund. If you choose to have an alternative size sent to you in exchange, we will probably be willing to send it free of additional postage charges – but we reserve the right to charge if we decide to so do.
- If we have made an error in an international delivery, we will pay the postage to return the order to us.
- Please do not return any goods until we have agreed the amount of postage. No refund will be made without prior agreement between you and us.
- We will refund the cost of the goods, plus the cost of postage, when we have received the goods and we have an invoice showing the cost of the return postage.
Your log in account with us
- To shop on our website you will be given the choice of shopping as a guest or as a registered customer. If you choose to register on our website you will be required to create a password protected account. If you are a returning customer, you will be required to log onto this account.
- There are significant advantages to having an account on our website. These include being able to view your order history, save relevant information like delivery address, and the ability to join our Mailing List.
- We also occasionally make offers to our registered customers that are not available to other users of our website.
- You may terminate your account at any time by contacting us.
- Our Customer Mailing List is established as a benefit to you, our customers. It has the benefit to us that we can communicate with you, but that will only work if it is of benefit to you. If you know of a way that we can improve our service, please let us know.
- Part of that service is to ensure our customers are aware of promotions that we undertake, so that they have the opportunity to participate and benefit. These can include sales, special discounts, prizes and giveaways.
- You can have your sales history recorded. Each sale can be recorded on your ‘account’ and can be looked up at a later date. Sales history may be used to offer rewards such as discounts or vouchers for biggest purchases over a period.
- You may be offered opportunities from our related companies, but we will never give your contact details to an outsider for their use.
- Our preference is to communicate through email as it is cheaper, faster, more environmentally friendly and easily ignored or deleted by you if you are not interested.
- We respect your right to request not to receive this material. You can opt out of receiving our emails at any time.
We welcome feedback from you, and will reply to all comments and complaints promptly.
Security and Privacy of Personal Information :
- We value the privacy of our customers’ personal information and are committed to maintaining the security of our site.
- We do not receive or store any customer credit card information. All transactions are processed on a secure third-party site that uses 128-bit SSL encryption (Secure Sockets Layer encryption) operated by Payment Express or PayPal.
- We do not provide details of our customers, suppliers or other business contacts to any unrelated businesses, databases or any other third party.
- If you have created an account with us, you can view, edit or delete your account information by logging in and making the changes, or notifying us to do so for you.
- If you use PayPal for payments, your information will be stored and used by PayPal under their privacy guidelines.
This website, including pages and online images, is protected by the Copyright Laws of Australia. All rights are reserved.When you access the Botanical Bookshop website you may retrieve our materials for information only. You may save a local copy or print it for your own personal use, or in order to inform other potential customers about our products. However, you may not make any charge for such use and any commercial exploitation is expressly prohibited.